PassMeFast — Terms and Conditions
Customer satisfaction is PassMeFast's number one priority. We endeavour to provide exceptional service: helping all of our pupils to learn to drive as quickly as possible, without compromising on teaching quality. In service of this goal, we aim to build a reliable network of experienced and trustworthy driving instructors (each a “Driving Instructor”), each of whom provides students with high-quality, individually focused tuition. PassMeFast will always make every reasonable effort in furthering this mission.
In these Terms & Conditions, references to “you” or “your” means the student booking a course (“Course”) of driving lessons (“Lessons”) and or any of the practical driving and/or theory tests (each a “Test”) through PassMeFast.
PassMeFast acts as your agent in locating a Driving Instructor to provide you with the Lessons. When you make a booking with PassMeFast you are entering into a separate contract for the Lessons which is solely between yourself and the Driving Instructor who is self-employed and who is independent from PassMeFast.
PassMeFast is only mentioned in these Terms and Conditions where it acts in its capacity as your agent in locating a Driving Instructor for you, arranging the Lessons for you with the Driving Instructor and making a booking for your Test(s).
PassMeFast is also able to book just a practical driving test for you, where you may be using your own instructor. If you wish to use this service, please call PassMeFast to make appropriate arrangements. These Terms and Conditions will apply as appropriate if you are not using a Driving Instructor.
In the below Terms and Conditions, any use of the phrase “working days” means days other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday.
By booking with us, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- Driving Courses
- The Courses available through PassMeFast take place in England and Wales only.
- Following the booking of your Course through the PassMeFast website or over the phone you will be sent, and required to complete, an online form (“Details Form”). PassMeFast will send you an email with a link to the Details Form.
- The Course fees (“Fees”) are as listed on the PassMeFast website include:
- PassMeFast administration fee, which covers finding a Driving Instructor for you and booking the Lessons and the practical driving test where appropriate (“Administration Fee”);
- the tuition fee for the Lessons from the Driving Instructor (“Tuition Fee”);
- the practical driving test fee;
- The Fees by default do not include the costs of a theory test. A theory test can be booked as an additional extra to the Course chosen for a fee of £35.
- There are additional fees that may be applicable from time to time and as detailed at paragraphs 4.4 and 7.5.
- As the practical driving test and theory test require you to apply your own skill and knowledge, PassMeFast does not and cannot guarantee that you will pass your practical driving test or theory test.
- You will pay the deposit of £150 (“Deposit”) to PassMeFast when you make your booking. You may alternatively choose to pay in full (using a debit/credit card or via Payl8r) when you make your booking, in which case £150 of the amount will be treated as the Deposit. The Deposit will be deducted from the Fees and is non-refundable unless:
- PassMeFast is unable to secure a practical driving test that meets your reasonable requirements within 10 working days starting from the next working day after receipt of your reasonably and accurately completed Details Form ; or
- PassMeFast is unable to secure a Driving Instructor to carry out your Lessons in the lead up to your test and you have made the full payment of the Fees.
- If you need to take a theory test, the 10 working day period will not start until the next working day after you make PassMeFast aware the theory test has been passed.
- In the event your deposit is refundable and you have already taken a theory test, the £35 fee for the theory test will remain non-refundable.
- Unless full payment of the Fees has been taken under paragraph 2.1 above, PassMeFast will automatically take the remaining amount of the Fees due from the card which is used to pay the Deposit. The full payment of the Fees becomes due when:
- the theory test that PassMeFast has booked for you has been passed if you have not already passed the theory test; or
- a suitable practical driving test has been found if you have already passed the theory test.
- Under no circumstances will your first Lesson take place until at least 7 days after the remaining amount of the Fees under paragraph 2.2 has been paid.
- If PassMeFast is required to book more than one theory test for you, a £35 fee must be made in advance of each additional theory test. This can be done indefinitely.
- Payment can be made online or over the phone using all major debit and credit cards.
- As stated above, PassMeFast acts as your agent in locating a Driving Instructor for you. Payment for the Course is to be made to PassMeFast who accepts the payment on your behalf and, after deducting the Administration Fee, will arrange payment of the Tuition Fee to the Driving Instructor.
- As the payment made by you covers the Tuition Fee, the Administration Fee and the cost of one practical driving test, you should not need to make any other payment to the Driving Instructor in respect of that particular Course.
- Any refund given will be made back to the card from which the original payment was made.
- PassMeFast is a registered Trading name, Credit Introducer and Appointed Representative of Social Money Ltd t/a Payl8r, a company registered in England under company number 08054296 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 675283. registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner reference number 08054296.
- Up to 100% of the Administration Fee may be non-refundable to cover any work undertaken by PassMeFast relating to the provision of your course.
- Up to 100% of the Tuition Fee may be non-refundable if a Driving Instructor has been located.
- You must hold a valid UK provisional driving licence and present it to your Driving Instructor at the start of your first lesson. In making this booking, you confirm that you do hold a valid provisional driving licence. You must bring your licence with you to all your Lessons and Tests. Failure to do so will result in the Lesson and/or Test being cancelled without a refund.
- You have six months after booking the Course to start your Lessons unless it is agreed otherwise between you and PassMeFast. If an agreement is not made between you and PassMeFast and your driving lessons are not started within this six month period you will lose your Deposit, in addition to the Administration Fee.
- Any arrangements for the driving lessons, including the start time and start location, shall be agreed between you and the Driving Instructor directly.
- It is your responsibility to be on time for your Lessons. As the Driving Instructor may have other lessons to deliver, the Lessons will not be extended to compensate for you arriving late.
- If you do not turn up for a Lesson the Driving Instructor will be entitled to keep the full tuition fee of the missed Lesson.
- The total Course time includes any breaks that the Driving Instructor may feel is necessary for the safety of both you and the Driving Instructor in accordance with any regulations.
- Any Lessons booked in your name cannot be transferred or sold to a third party.
- You must have reasonable availability for Lessons on a weekly basis.
- Practical Driving Tests
- PassMeFast will aim to find a practical driving test that meets your reasonable requirements within 10 working days from the next working day after receiving your reasonably and accurately completed Details Form or 10 working days from the next working day after you make PassMeFast aware the theory test has been passed.
- The time for the practical driving test is included in the overall time of the Course.
- You cannot book under the assumption that PassMeFast will find a weekend practical driving test. You must be available to take a practical driving test on a weekday.
- If PassMeFast secure a weekend practical driving test for you an additional charge of £13 will apply.
- Cancelllation or Rearrangement of Lessons and/or Tests
- Each Driving Instructor has their own policy regarding cancellation or rearrangement of the Lessons. It is your responsibility to ask your Driving Instructor what their policy is and to comply with their policy.
- You may change or cancel your tests, whether theory or practical, by giving PassMeFast at least 3 full working days’ notice before the date of each such arranged Test.
- If you want to rearrange a Test (which has been booked by PassMeFast in accordance with your initial requirements) a non-refundable administration fee of £7.00 for the theory test and £18.00 for the practical driving test will be charged by PassMeFast.
- If 3 working days’ notice is not given to PassMeFast, you will need to pay the full amount (£62.00 for a practical driving test or £23.00 for a theory test) plus an administration fee for the Test.
- Downgrading your Course is not possible under any circumstances.
- If you instruct PassMeFast to place your Course on hold, PassMeFast will cease all work relating to the provision of your Course until you instruct PassMeFast to resume. Any time lapsed while a Course is on hold will not contribute towards the 10 working day period referred to in 2.1
- If PassMeFast has made multiple attempts to contact you and it has been 7 days or more since PassMeFast has had any contact from you, PassMeFast will consider your Course to be on hold and 5.6 above will apply as if you had instructed PassMeFast to place your Course on hold.
- Driving Instructors
- PassMeFast will only introduce a Driving Instructor to you if PassMeFast is satisfied that the Driving Instructor is DVSA approved and that the Driving Instructor is an approved grade A or B (or equivalent) driving instructor.
- The Driving Instructor may refuse to proceed with a driving lesson if you use abusive language or threatening behaviour or if you fail to act on any reasonable request made by the Driving Instructor or if the Driving Instructor reasonably believes that you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during the lesson.
- The Driving instructor may refuse to allow you to take a practical driving test in the Driving Instructor’s car at the end of your Course if the Driving Instructor reasonably determines your driving does not meet the necessary standard to take a practical driving test on the grounds that it would be a risk to the health and safety of pedestrians and other motorists or there is a risk of damage to the Driving Instructor’s property and livelihood.
- You will not be entitled to change your Driving Instructor once your Lessons have started, except if in PassMeFast’s opinion there are exceptional circumstances (for example, inappropriate behavior) and where PassMeFast is able to recover the remaining Tuition Fees from the Driving Instructor.
- When your lessons start you must show your Driving Instructor the DVSA confirmation email that contains the details for your practical driving test. PassMeFast will forward you this email once a practical driving test has been secured.
- PassMeFast does not guarantee to satisfy your preference regarding your Driving Instructor’s: gender; car make; car model; or car fuel type unless otherwise agreed.
- Limitation of Liability
- Neither PassMeFast nor the Driving Instructors shall be liable to you for any loss or damage where, and to the extent that:
but PassMeFast does not exclude or limit in anyway its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach;
- any such loss or damage results from any breach, action or omission by you;
- any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of PassMeFast, the Driving Instructor or you;
- You are taking the driving tuition as a private consumer, not in connection with business. Consequently, PassMeFast shall not be liable to you for any losses connected with business in any way, including loss of profit, loss of business or loss of business opportunity.
- PassMeFast is not party to the contract for the driving tuition itself and only acts as your agent in locating a Driving Instructor for you. This does not affect any liability that PassMeFast may have for any loss or damage you may incur which is caused directly as a result of any breach by PassMeFast of any legal duty owed by it to you.
- PassMeFast will assess on a case by case basis any missed or cancelled lessons or Tests due to the Driving Instructor being ill, vehicle breakdowns or any other circumstance outside of PassMeFast’s or the Driving Instructor’s control.
- PassMeFast will not be responsible for Tests moved or cancelled by the DVSA. If the DVSA takes such action, you and PassMeFast will be notified by the DVSA. If you require PassMeFast to rearrange the new date set by the DVSA, PassMeFast will charge you an administration fee of £7 if the test in question is the theory test or £18 if it is the practical driving test. These fees will only apply if you require the test to be fast-tracked.
- You agree to inform PassMeFast of any issues you experience regarding your Course in a timely manner. Any issues that occur prior to the final day of your Course which are only brought to PassMeFast’s attention after your Course has been completed will not be considered by PassMeFast.
- Use of Personal Data
- Any personal data provided to PassMeFast by you will be held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will be used as follows:
and PassMeFast will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows PassMeFast to do so.
- to arrange for a Driving Instructor to contact you regarding lessons and to arrange for a Test or Tests;
- to process your payment for the Tuition Fees and the Test fees;
- to contact you as may be necessary concerning your tuition and to keep you informed of products and services which PassMeFast can make available to you
- If you have booked your own Test, in order for PassMeFast to manage your Test booking, PassMeFast will log in to the DVSA website using your details as provide by you to PassMeFast, and PassMeFast will alter the contact email address to be that of PassMeFast so that PassMeFast receives notifications from the DVSA. You consent to PassMeFast doing this to manage your Test booking(s). PassMeFast will contact you should any DVSA notifications be received.
PassMeFast has a zero tolerance policy regarding abuse, harassment or violence whether physical or verbal towards its staff members or the Driving Instructors and reserves the right to cancel your booking in the event. Your deposit will be non-refundable. Up to one hundred percent of the remainder of the Fees may also be non-refundable to cover costs already incurred by PassMeFast or your Driving Instructor.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
Your right to a cancellation period
You have the right to cancel your booking up to 14 days the day after you submit your booking to PassMeFast online or over the phone. PassMeFast will not start work on your booking until the 14 day cancellation period has passed unless you waive your right to the 14 day cancellation period.
By completing the details form before the end of the 14 day cancellation period you are instructing PassMeFast to start work on your booking right away and therefore waiving your right to the 14 day cancellation period.
If you are a repeat customer it will be assumed that you want PassMeFast to start work on your booking right away and therefore waive your right to the 14 day cancellation period unless you expressly state otherwise.
We take all customer complaints received seriously. Should you wish to make a complaint, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to respond to and investigate all complaints within a reasonable timeframe.