Last updated 31st July 2023
In these Terms & Conditions, “you” or “your” refers to the learner driver booking a course (“Course”) of driving lessons (“Lessons”) and/or any of the practical driving and/or theory tests (each a “Test”) through PassMeFast.
In these Terms and Conditions, any use of the phrase “working days” refers to days other than a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday.
PassMeFast acts as your agent to connect you to a Driving Instructor (“Driving Instructor”) for your lessons. When you make a booking with PassMeFast, you’re entering into a separate agreement for the lessons which is solely between yourself and the Driving Instructor who is self-employed and independent from PassMeFast.
By booking with us, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
1. Driving Courses
- The Courses available through PassMeFast take place in England, Scotland, and Wales only
- By booking a course, you confirm that you hold, or are eligible for, a valid UK provisional driving licence
- After booking your course, you’ll be required to complete an online “Details Form”. The Details Form is accessible through the Student Portal for which you’ll receive an invite via email at the time of booking. We can’t start work on your booking until your Details Form has been completed in full and submitted to us.
- The Course Fees (“Fees”) are as listed on the PassMeFast website, and include:
- PassMeFast’s administration fee which covers connecting you to a driving instructor; booking your theory and/or practical driving test; managing your test bookings; and providing service throughout your course
- the tuition fee for the lessons from the driving instructor
- the DVSA driving test fee(s)
- The fees, by default, do not include the costs of a theory test. A theory test can be booked as an additional extra to the course chosen for a fee of £40.
- As the practical driving test and theory test require you to apply your own skill and knowledge, PassMeFast does not and cannot guarantee that you will pass your practical driving test or theory test.
- PassMeFast does not guarantee to satisfy your preference regarding your driving instructor’s gender, car make, car model, or car fuel type
- If it takes you more than 6 months to pass your theory test, PassMeFast reserves the right to adjust your course fees. Your booking may be placed on hold until these fees are paid.
- When making an advance booking—usually because you are not yet 17 and/or you do not have a valid provisional licence—the customer agrees that we reserve the right to review the price of their course on the date we're able to progress with their booking. This would typically be the date they turn 17, or the date they're able to provide us with valid provisional licence details.
- At the point of purchase, you will be required make an initial payment to secure your course. This could range from the deposit (“Deposit”) up to the full value of your course. The non-refundable deposit is typically £250 unless otherwise stated at the time of booking.
- Unless you pay in full when booking your course, PassMeFast will contact you to take the remaining amount of the fees due. The full payment of the fees becomes due:
- Within 7 days of your driving instructor being allocated or before your first lesson start date, if sooner. If payment isn’t made and reminders are ignored, your course will be placed on hold, and both your practical driving test and lessons will be cancelled/postponed.
- PassMeFast will pay your driving instructor on your behalf. In cases of non-payment, withdrawal, or incorrect cancellation, PassMeFast are entitled to claim fees from you on the driving instructor’s behalf.
- If PassMeFast is required to book more than one theory test for you, a £35 must be made in advance of each additional theory test. This can be done indefinitely.
- Payment can be made online or over the phone using all major debit and credit cards
- PassMeFast is a registered Trading Name, Credit Introducer and Appointed Representative of Social Money Ltd t/a Payl8r, a company registered in England under company number 08054296 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 675283. registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner reference number 08054296. Payl8r’s terms of service also apply.
- In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the option to pay in 3 instalments, up to a total value of £2,500. Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna’s privacy statement.
- As stated above, PassMeFast acts as your agent in connecting you with a driving instructor. Payment for the course is to be made to PassMeFast who accepts the payment on your behalf and, after deducting the administration fee, will arrange payment of the tuition fee to the driving instructor. You do not need to pay your instructor directly.
- Should you choose to pay your instructor directly for any tuition, we will not consider this to be an extension of our process and service to you. Any payments made to your instructor will not count as payment towards your booking balance.
- Occasionally, promotional/discount/coupon codes may be made available. However, if we feel that an associated discount has been applied to a transaction which is outside of the intended scope, the booking will be null and void, and the transaction will be refunded.
- You must hold a valid UK provisional driving licence and present it to your driving instructor at the start of your first lesson. You must bring your licence with you to all your lessons and tests. Failure to do so will result in the lesson and/or test being cancelled without a refund.
- It is not possible to change instructor once allocated. Should you relocate or wish to change transmission, we will try to facilitate the required changes to your driving instructor and/or course. However, this is subject to you paying any cost difference associated with the changes and an admin fee of £30 per change. In these cases, you take on the risk posed by the changes and will not be eligible for a refund under our Money-Back Guarantee should we fail to successfully rearrange your course.
- Any arrangements for the driving lessons, including the start time and start location, shall be agreed between you and the driving instructor directly
- It is your responsibility to be on time for your lessons. As the driving instructor may have other lessons to deliver, the lessons will not be extended to compensate for you arriving late.
- If you do not attend a lesson, the driving instructor will be entitled to keep the full tuition fee of the missed lesson and the lesson time will be deducted from your course hours
- The total course hours include any breaks that the driving instructor feel is necessary for the safety of both you and the driving instructor, in accordance with any regulations
- Reducing your course hours is not possible once an instructor has been allocated
- Each driving instructor has their own policy regarding cancellation or rearrangement of the lessons. It is your responsibility to ask your driving instructor what their policy is and to comply with their policy.
- The driving instructor may refuse to proceed with a driving lesson if you use abusive language or threatening behaviour, or if you fail to act on any reasonable request made by the driving instructor. The driving instructor may also refuse to proceed if they believe you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the lesson.
- PassMeFast will assess on a case-by-case basis any missed/cancelled lessons or tests due to the driving instructor being ill, vehicle breakdowns or any other circumstance outside of PassMeFast’s or the driving instructor’s control.
- You must have reasonable availability for lessons on a weekly basis.
- You have six months after booking the course to start your lessons, unless agreed otherwise between you and PassMeFast. If an agreement is not made and your driving lessons have not started within this six-month period, your deposit and up to 100% of your fees will be non-refundable.
4. Practical Driving Tests
- PassMeFast will aim to find a practical driving test that meets your reasonable requirements within 30 days from the working day after receiving your accurately completed Details Form, or 30 days from the working day after you make PassMeFast aware the theory test has been passed.
- If applicable, any time your course spends ‘On Hold’ does not contribute to the 30-day search period for your booking
- If PassMeFast are unable to make progress booking your test, for example due to being unable to log into the DVSA booking site with the details you provided, any time lapsed will not count towards the 30-day search period
- We will send you a potential test date by email. You must respond to accept/reject the proposed test date within 7 days of the email being sent. If we don’t hear from you within 7 days, the date will be reallocated, and your course placed on hold. See Section 6 for information regarding ‘On Hold’ bookings.
- The time for the practical driving test is included in the overall time of the course. Depending on your location, up to 4 hours of your course may be reserved for the driving test date.
- You may change or cancel your tests, whether theory or practical, by giving PassMeFast at least 5 working days' notice before the date of each such arranged test
- If 5 working days’ notice is not given to PassMeFast, you’ll be required to pay the standard DVSA fee of £62.00 for a practical driving test or £23.00 for a theory test, plus an administration fee for the fast-tracking service.
- If you ask PassMeFast to change your theory or test appointment, a £30 administration fee to cover additional work will be payable before we can start to make the requested changes. This administration fee will be waived if you add additional hours to your course
- PassMeFast will not be responsible for tests moved or cancelled by the DVSA. If the DVSA does move or cancel your test, you and PassMeFast will be notified by the DVSA.
- You cannot book under the assumption that PassMeFast will find a weekend or evening practical driving test. You must be available to take a practical driving test between 08:00 and 15:30, Monday to Friday.
- If PassMeFast secure a weekend or evening practical driving test for you, an additional charge of £13 will apply
- The driving instructor reserves the right to refuse use of their car for the practical test if they determine your driving does not meet the necessary standard to take a practical driving test, on the grounds that it would be a risk to the health and safety of yourself, other road-users, or there is a risk of damage to the driving instructor’s property and livelihood
5. Cancellations & Refunds
- You have the right to cancel your booking up to 14 days after you complete your order with PassMeFast either online or over the phone. A full refund will be provided when you cancel within this period, except in the following circumstances where PassMeFast will retain your deposit to cover work completed on your behalf which waives your right to a full refund:
- You have completed the Details Form in the Student Portal and;
- Accepted a theory or practical test provided by PassMeFast
- Had an instructor allocated to your course
- Any additional products added to your course at the point of purchase (e.g., PassProtect or PassMeTheory) will be fully refunded if you cancel your course within the 14-day cooling off period, unless you have already attended the PassMeTheory training session, at which point it becomes non-refundable
- If you’re a repeat customer, it will be assumed that you want PassMeFast to start work on your booking right away and therefore waive your right to the 14-day cancellation period unless you explicitly state otherwise
- The non-refundable deposit will always be retained unless circumstances fall into our Money-Back Guarantee. Our Money-Back Guarantee states the deposit is only refundable if:
- PassMeFast is unable to secure a suitable theory test or practical driving test in line with our course completion timescales within 30 days of receiving your fully completed Details Form
- If you need to sit your theory test at the time of booking your course, the 30 days will begin the working day after you inform us that you’ve passed the theory test
- PassMeFast is unable to allocate a driving instructor within 45 days of you confirming your practical test date is suitable. For courses without a practical driving test, the 45 days starts upon receipt of your completed Details Form
- Once a suitable driving instructor has been allocated to your course, 100% of fees are non-refundable. A suitable driving instructor is a DVSA approved instructor, who is local to you.
- There may be occasions where your course can begin sooner if you start lessons ahead of the allocation of your practical test. If you agree to this, the application of the Money-Back Guarantee detailed in 4.1 is amended so that you are only entitled to a refund of the practical test fee should we fail to source an appropriate practical test date within 30 days of your first lesson. You would not be eligible to the refund of your deposit or lesson fees as a suitable instructor has been allocated.
- Any refund given will be made back to the original payment method from which the original payment was made. Refunds can take up to 10 working days from the day they are processed to show in the receiving account.
- Any unused hours from your lessons package booked via PassMeFast are non-refundable & non-transferable. Unused lessons can be used for additional tuition (e.g., motorway driving lessons), at the discretion of your driving instructor.
6. On Hold & Expired Bookings
- If your course is on hold for any reason, PassMeFast will cease all work relating to your course until you instruct PassMeFast to resume. Any time lapsed while a course is on hold will not contribute towards the time periods referred to in section 5.4 which constitute the Money-Back Guarantee.
- We will consider your course to be on hold if:
- You instruct PassMeFast to place your course on hold
- PassMeFast has attempted to contact you for any reason, and it has been 14 days without response
- PassMeFast has notified you of a suitable test appointment and you have not responded to either confirm or reject after 7 days
- You have failed to pay your remaining balance when asked and within the required timeframe
- If your course is on hold and you wish to reactivate it, you will be charged a £30 admin fee to do so and, PassMeFast reserve the right to increase course fees in line with course prices at the time of reactivating the booking
- If your course is on hold for over 90 days, your booking will expire, all fees will be non-refundable. The only exception to this is:
- If your course is placed on hold for any reason, the Money-Back Guarantee will no longer apply unless agreed otherwise.
- If you have paid in full but never completed the Details Form in the Student Portal, all fees excluding the deposit will be refunded. When a course is expired, it is not possible to reopen the booking.
- PassProtect is only available on bookings including a practical test
- PassProtect is not an insurance product. It is a fast-tracked re-test package deal offering two fast-tracked practical tests for the price of one (RRP £150).
- If not booked at the point of purchasing your course, PassProtect can be purchased via our Sales team at any point before your lessons begin
- The fast-tracked tests purchased as part of PassProtect are non-transferrable and no money will be refunded if re-tests aren’t required
- A full refund will be offered on PassProtect up to 14 days from the point of purchase or until you start taking lessons, whichever is sooner, at which point the product is non-refundable. If your booking does not include Lessons, PassProtect is non-refundable after 14 days, or after you sit your test, whichever happens sooner.
- PassProtect does not include any additional tuition hours — extra lessons must be booked separately via your PassMeFast Student Portal or the Sales team
- A full refund will be offered on PassMeTheory if you are within your 14-day cooling-off period. If you attend a session, you waive your right to a refund for the product.
- You may reschedule any session you have booked via Calendly, up to 24 hours before the session starts. You cannot reschedule your session with less than 24 hours' notice. If you attempt to reschedule outside of the notice period, the session will be deemed to have been completed and you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you book a session and do not attend it, you will not be able to rearrange the session. You will also not be eligible for a refund. In this instance, you must purchase PassMeTheory again to book another session.
- Once you have attended a PassMeTheory session, you are not eligible for any refunds on PassMeTheory.
- If PassMeTheory has been added to your course as part of a promotional offer, this cannot be refunded or exchanged for another course.
- Any abusive or disruptive behaviour during the session will not be tolerated and will result in your removal from the session. You will not be eligible for any refunds on PassMeTheory.
- PassMeFast is not responsible for any technical issues you experience due to poor internet connection or any other reason. In the event you experience technical issues, the session is non-refundable.
PassMeFast has a zero-tolerance policy regarding abuse, harassment, or violence—whether physical or verbal—towards its staff members or driving instructors and reserves the right to cancel your booking in the event. Your deposit will be non-refundable. Up to 100% of the remainder of the fees may also be non-refundable to cover costs already incurred by PassMeFast or your driving instructor.
10. Limitation of Liability
- This section states PassMeFast’s responsibilities to you as our customer and what we can, or can’t, be held liable for. PassMeFast does not exclude or limit its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
- Neither PassMeFast nor the driving instructors shall be liable to you for any loss or damage where, and to the extent that:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you
- the loss/damage isn’t a reasonably foreseeable result of a breach of legal duty
- any loss or damage results from any breach, action, or omission by you
- any loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of PassMeFast, the driving instructor or you
- You are taking the driving tuition as a private consumer, not in connection with business. Consequently, PassMeFast shall not be liable to you for any losses connected with business in any way, including loss of profit, loss of business, or loss of business opportunity.
- PassMeFast isn’t party to the contract between you and the instructor for the driving tuition itself. This doesn’t affect any liability that PassMeFast may have for any loss or damage caused by a breach of any legal duty owed by PassMeFast to you.
- You agree to inform PassMeFast of any issues you experience regarding your course in a timely manner. Any issues that occur prior to the final day of your course which are only brought to PassMeFast’s attention after your course has been completed will not be considered by PassMeFast.
11. Use of Personal Data
- to arrange and manage theory and practical driving tests
- to arrange for a driving instructor to contact you regarding lessons
- to process your payment for the tuition fees and the test fees
- to contact you as may be necessary concerning your tuition
- to contact you with your consent regarding marketing communications (alerts, promotional material, newsletters, etc.)
- PassMeFast will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows PassMeFast to do so.
- To manage your test booking, PassMeFast will log in to the DVSA website using your details as provide by you on your Details Form. PassMeFast will alter the contact email address to be that of PassMeFast, so that PassMeFast receives notifications from the DVSA. You consent to PassMeFast doing this to manage your test booking(s).
- PassMeFast will contact you should any DVSA notifications be received
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
13. Complaints procedure
We take all customer complaints seriously. Should you wish to make a complaint, please refer to our Complaints Policy.