PassMeFast — Terms and Conditions
In these Terms & Conditions, references to “you” or “your” means the student booking driving tuition through PassMeFast.
PassMeFast is also able to book just a practical driving test for you, where you may be using your own instructor. If you wish to take advantage of this, please call PassMeFast to make appropriate arrangements. Paragraphs 4, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7 and 8 of these Terms and Conditions will apply as appropriate.
PassMeFast acts as your agent in locating a Driving Instructor to provide you with the driving course you wish to book. When you make a booking you are entering into a contract for driving tuition which is solely between yourself and the Driving Instructor who is self-employed and who is independent from PassMeFast.
PassMeFast is only mentioned in these Terms and Conditions where it acts in its capacity as your agent in locating a Driving Instructor for you, arranging a driving course for you with the Driving Instructor and making a booking for your driving test(s).
In the below Terms and Conditions, any use of the phrase “working days” means days other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday.
By booking with us, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- Driving Courses
- The driving courses available through PassMeFast take place in England and Wales only.
- The fees for the driving courses listed on the PassMeFast website include:
- PassMeFast administration fee, which covers finding a Driving Instructor for you and booking the driving lessons and the practical driving test where appropriate;
- the tuition fee for the individual driving lessons from the Driving Instructor (“Tuition Fee”); and
- the practical driving test fee.
- The fees do not include the costs of a theory test. A theory test can be booked as an additional extra to the driving course chosen for a fee of £28.
- As the practical driving test requires you to apply your own skill and knowledge, PassMeFast does not and cannot guarantee that you will pass your practical driving test.
- Payment should be made by paying the deposit of £100 to PassMeFast when booking the course (although you can pay in full when booking if you wish and with PassMeFast’s agreement). The remainder of the payment must be made in full at least 7 days prior to the start of your first driving lesson and PassMeFast will automatically take this payment from the card which is used to pay the deposit. The deposit will be deducted from the overall driving course fee and is non-refundable unless:
- PassMeFast is unable to secure a practical driving test that meets your reasonable requirements within 10 working days from the day after receipt of your Details Form ; or
- PassMeFast is unable to secure a driving instructor to carry out your course hours within 10 working days from the day after receipt of your Details Form.
- Payment can be made online or over the phone using all major debit and credit cards.
- As stated above, PassMeFast acts as your agent in locating a Driving Instructor for you. Payment is to be made to PassMeFast who accepts the payment on your behalf and, after deducting an administration fee, will arrange payment of the Tuition Fee to the Driving Instructor.
- As the payment made by you covers the Tuition Fee, PassMeFast’s administration fee and the cost of one practical driving test, you should not need to make any other payment to the Driving Instructor in respect of that particular course.
- You must hold a valid UK provisional driving licence and present it to your Driving Instructor at the start of your first lesson. In making this booking, you confirm that you do hold a valid provisional driving licence. You must bring your licence with you to all your lessons and Tests (as defined at 5.2 below). Failure to do so will result in the lesson being cancelled without a refund.
- You have six months after booking the driving course to start your driving lessons unless it is agreed otherwise between you and PassMeFast. If an agreement is not made between you and PassMeFast and your driving lessons are not started within this six month period you will lose your deposit, in addition to PassMeFast’s administration fee.
- Any arrangements for the driving lessons, including the start time and start location, shall be agreed between you and the Driving Instructor directly.
- It is your responsibility to be on time for your driving lessons. As the Driving Instructor may have other lessons to deliver, driving lessons will not be extended to compensate for you arriving late.
- If you do not turn up for a driving lesson the Driving Instructor will be entitled to keep the full tuition fee of the missed lesson.
- The total driving course time includes any breaks that the Driving Instructor may feel is necessary for the safety of both you and the Driving Instructor.
- Any lessons booked in your name cannot be transferred or sold to a third party.
- Practical Driving Tests
- PassMeFast will aim to find a practical driving test that meets your reasonable requirements within 10 working days from the day after receiving your Details Form.
- The time for the practical driving test is included in the overall time of the driving course.
- Cancellation or Rearrangement of Lessons
- You may cancel a driving lesson and receive a refund of the Tuition Fee in respect of that lesson by giving the Driving Instructor at least 48 hours’ notice. Failure to give at least 48 hours’ notice to the Driving Instructor will result in the loss of the prepaid amount for that individual driving lesson.
- You may rearrange a lesson with the Driving Instructor by giving at least 48 hours’ notice and any rearranged lesson will be subject to the Driving Instructors availability.
- You may change or cancel your Theory and/or Practical Driving Test (“Test”) by giving PassMeFast at least 3 full working days’ notice before the date of your arranged Test.
- If you want to rearrange a Test (which has been booked by PassMeFast in accordance with your initial requirements) for a second time, a non-refundable administration fee of £25.00 for the theory test and £35.00 for the practical driving test will be charged by PassMeFast.
- If 3 working days’ notice is not given to PassMeFast, you will still need to pay the full amount for the Test.
- Any refund being made will be made back to the card from which the original payment was made.
- Driving Instructors
- All Driving Instructors are approved by the DVSA.
- The Driving Instructor may refuse to proceed with a driving lesson if you use abusive language or threatening behaviour or if you fail to act on any reasonable request made by the Driving Instructor or if the Driving Instructor reasonably believes that you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during the lesson.
- Limitation of Liability
- Neither PassMeFast nor the Driving Instructors shall be liable to you for any loss or damage where, and to the extent that:
but PassMeFast does not exclude or limit in anyway its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach;
- any such loss or damage results from any breach, action or omission by you;
- any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of PassMeFast, the Driving Instructor or you;
- You are taking the driving tuition as a private consumer, not in connection with business. Consequently, PassMeFast shall not be liable to you for any losses connected with business in any way, including loss of profit, loss of business or loss of business opportunity.
- PassMeFast is not party to the contract for the driving tuition itself and only acts as your agent in locating a Driving Instructor for you. This does not affect any liability that PassMeFast may have for any loss or damage you may incur which is caused directly as a result of any breach by PassMeFast of any legal duty owed by it to you.
- PassMeFast will not be responsible for any missed or cancelled lessons or Tests due to the Driving Instructor being ill, vehicle breakdowns or any other circumstance outside of PassMeFast’s or the Driving Instructor’s control.
- PassMeFast will not be responsible for Tests moved or cancelled by the DVSA. If the DVSA takes such action, you and PassMeFast will be notified by the DVSA. If you require PassMeFast to rearrange the new date set by the DVSA, PassMeFast will charge you an administration fee of £25 if the test in question is the theory test or £35 if it is the practical driving test.
- Use of Personal Data
- Any personal data provided to PassMeFast by you will be held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will be used as follows:
and PassMeFast will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows PassMeFast to do so.
- to arrange for a Driving Instructor to contact you regarding lessons and to arrange for a Test or Tests;
- to process your payment for the Tuition Fees and the Test fees;
- to contact you as may be necessary concerning your tuition and to keep you informed of products and services which PassMeFast can make available to you
- If you have booked your own Test, in order for PassMeFast to manage your Test booking, PassMeFast will log in to the DVSA website using your details as provide by you to PassMeFast, and PassMeFast will alter the contact email address to be that of PassMeFast so that PassMeFast receives notifications from the DVSA. You consent to PassMeFast doing this to manage your Test booking(s). PassMeFast will contact you should any DVSA notifications be received.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
Your right to a cancellation period
You have the right to cancel this contract up to 14 days after the day you submit your booking to PassMeFast. To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform PassMeFast of your decision to cancel as specified in the Terms and Conditions. Your right to this cancellation period means that PassMeFast will not start work (e.g. book a practical driving test or a Driving Instructor) until the 14 day cancellation period has passed unless you clearly indicate that you wish to waive your right to the 14 day cancellation period.
By booking with us, you are instructing PassMeFast to commence work before the 14 day cancellation period has passed, and therefore waiving your right to cancel in that time.