Intensive Driving Courses in Lewisham
Choosing the right driving school can be a make or break decision. Too often, learners get lured in by “guaranteed pass” promises that aren’t what they’re cracked up to be, and end up lumbered with lessons that proceed at a snail’s pace—or having to squeeze everything into a 5 day period, before being left hanging around for a test.
PassMeFast offers a better solution. With us, you’re in control. Our fast, flexible crash courses have already helped to write thousands of pass stories—and you could be next. To find out how, read on for information on our driving courses in Lewisham.
Booking Intensive Driving Lessons in Lewisham
Not sure what you get with a PassMeFast course? No problem! We’ll run through it step by step:
- When you book, you’ll have a choice of nine different courses, with our shortest course including just 10 hours of lessons, while our longest includes 48. You can find all of them at our prices page.
- If required, we’ll book you a fast-track practical test. This means you can get a test date weeks or even months ahead of the standard waiting times you’d find by using the DVSA’s practical test booking service.
- Once your test date is secured, we’ll work on making arrangements for your course—helping you to structure your lessons to take place in the run-up to your test, and ensuring that the knowledge you’ve gained during your course is fresh in your mind.
- We’ll assign you a local instructor who’s achieved good grades in the DVSA’s rigorous standards check. Their friendly and patient tuition will help you to gain skills and confidence on the road.
- You’ll get to choose the pace of your lessons—from a semi-intensive pace that fits easily around your schedule through to a fully intensive pace that gets the job done as quickly as possible, without compromising on quality.
- Once your course is complete, you’ll take your test—with a fantastic chance of walking away with a brand new full UK driving licence.
Interested in automatic driving lessons in Lewisham?
Manual cars have long been the most common type of vehicle on British roads—but times are beginning to change. More and more drivers are turning instead to automatic cars, whose lack of gears and clutch pedal can make them a smoother ride, especially in urban conditions.
It’s for this reason that PassMeFast offers its courses in both manual and automatic cars. Just visit our pricing page to check out what’s available—please note that pricing may vary by transmission.
The road to driving doesn’t have to be long. Call PassMeFast on 0333 123 4949, or book your course online by clicking below.
Why choose PassMeFast for your intensive course?
- Courses to suit all drivers
- Flexible driving lessons to fit any schedule
- Learn with experienced instructors
- Home and workplace pickups
- Pass in as little as one week
Practical Driving Test Centres in Lewisham
Of the twelve London boroughs classed as Inner London, Lewisham is the only one with its own practical test centre. This is fantastic news for local learners, as it means you’ll be taking your test along the same kinds of roads you’ll be driving on every day. The local test centre here is at Hither Green, and lies close to the A20 and A205 (South Circular) roads. If you’re preparing for your test, and want some tips on what not to do, take a look at some of the top reasons people failed their driving test.
Theory Test Centres in Lewisham
While those living in Lewisham are fortunate enough to have a practical test centre on their doorstep, it’s a different situation when it comes to the theory test. You’ll need to travel to take this test—the closest options are Mile End, which you can reach by taking the DLR to Westferry, and Southwark, which requires a short train ride to London Bridge. For a fun way to test your skills, give our traffic signs quiz a whirl!
Haven't taken your theory test yet?
You can book a PassMeFast course even if you haven’t passed your theory test yet. However, you will need to ensure that you add it onto your booking—we won’t be able to book you a practical test until you pass your theory.
Driving Around Lewisham
Lewisham is the starting point of the A20, which links the area to Dover—and, if you’re looking to drive in Europe, onwards to the continent. This has ramifications for drivers here in Lewisham itself, with the route often proving incredibly busy. This is also the case for the A2, which takes a more northerly route to the same endpoint. With a large section of the South Circular Road also running through Lewisham, you’ll need to get acquainted with how to drive in urban conditions!
If taking your test at the local Hither Green test centre, you’re unlikely to encounter any country roads on your route. This isn’t to say, though, that it will be all main roads, all the time—you’ll be driving on a variety of routes with different speed limits and regulations, with a trip into Lewisham’s more residential areas likely when it comes to completing your manoeuvres.
Lewisham Fact File
|Famous for...||Deptford Dockyard|
|Local council||London Borough of Lewisham|
|Major local roads||A2 to Central London and Dover
A20 to Dover
A205 (South Circular) to South Ealing and Woolwich
A21 to Hastings
|Served by||Docklands Light Railway
|Railway stations||Brockley train station
Forest Hill train station
Lewisham train station
New Cross Gate train station
Sydenham train station
|More local information||Google Maps
Weather in Lewisham
Places in Lewisham
Which Areas Does PassMeFast Cover?
PassMeFast offers courses not only in Lewisham, but across the capital. If you live just outside the borough’s boundaries, be sure to have a look at some of the other nearby areas we cover by checking out the links below.
Thousands of learners have become licensed drivers with PassMeFast. To create your own pass story, call us on 0333 123 4949 or book your course online by clicking the button below.